I know, I know. Plenty of people scoff at Twitter, don’t understand the point, think it’s stupid, etc, etc. And I was one of you not so long ago. But I now have to confess I’m an addict. Basically, what I’m trying to say is: don’t knock it til you try it. And I’ve compiled a list of some of my favorite tweeters to get you started, along with some of their funniest tweets!
- Who doesn’t love Stephen Colbert? His tweets are pretty much guaranteed to make me laugh. While mainly political, Colbert sometimes manages to give some insight in to the everyday world.
- If you’ve read my blog about TV, you know how much I love ‘Glee.’ many of the cast members have twitter, but the one who consistently entertains me has got to be Chris Colfer, the actor who plays Kurt.
Plenty more of Twitter’s finest after the jump!
- Elysa Montfort is a host from Smart Mouths, a podcast I’ve recommended here before (I’m telling you, check it out!) And while all the host have twitter, I’d have to say hers is the best as far as appealing to a broad audience.
- Okay, this one comes with a word of warning. John Mayer has some of the funniest tweets out there, but he tend to tweet all at once, and can clog up your feed. A great person to follow nevertheless.
- Paul Feig has helped to create some many things I love, like Freaks and Geeks, The Office and his tweets!
- Ladies and Gentlemen, it’s official. Everyone is now on twitter. Just ask Jesus.
- Conan O’Brien may not be hosting The Tonight Show anymore, but he sure is causing a stir on Twitter.
- Mindy Kaling plays Kelly on The Office as well as writes for the show. And she’s a pretty entertaining tweeter as well.
- Neil Patrick Harris is pretty much everywhere you look these days, and for good reason: he’s hilarious.
- Digg_2000 is great to follow. They post stuff that has been “dug” 2000+ times, so pretty much everything that comes through is interesting. Instead of their tweets, I’m providing three links to stories or images they posted.
- Wrapping up my list is Rainn Wilson, better know as ‘Dwight Schute’ from The Office. I’ve been following Rainn pretty much since I joined twitter, and his tweets are always interesting, whether they’re goofy and light hearted or more serious.
- Hey, you didn’t think I’d let you leave without a self-plug did you? If you want to keep up with me follow emilyknielsen. I’ll try to keep you entertained. Promise.